Community Hike: Introduction to the Rights of Nature Movement
Bohemia Ecological Preserve, Occidental
Sunday, August 25th 10am-2pm
please scroll down to register
Join Bohemia Docents for a day full of gratitude and exploration of the magnificent grassland and riparian habitats of the Bohemia Ecological Preserve! Along our hike we will discuss many relevant environmental issues and practices that encourage us to live in harmony with the many animals, creatures, and plants that call Mother earth home. We will take some time to question our relationship as humans with the land. This hike is geared towards adults, but all are welcome.
Location: Bohemia Ecological Preserve- 6773 Bohemian Highway, Occidental 95465
The north gate entrance to Bohemia Preserve is located on Bohemian Highway approximately 3.1 miles south of Monte Rio. From Monte Rio, drive South on Bohemian Highway for approximately 3.1 miles, notice a row of large boulders on your left. The entrance to the property is on a straight stretch of road, on your left, immediately after this row of boulders. If you pass an area that looks like a quarry on your left, you’ve just passed the property entrance.
What to bring:
- a lunch and a snack
- a water bottle
- sun gear (hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.)
- something to write with+on (if you'd like)
- bincoluars (if you'd like)
- an open heart and open mind
What to to expect:
- an introduction to the Rights of Nature being implemented in other regions, as an aproach to living in harmony with the environment
- Hiking route: will be no longer than 3 miles, on varying terrain, with lots of stopping, and with a few slopes that may be difficult for some people
- We will stay together as a group, and early departures cannot be accomodated
- This hike is geared towards adults, but all are welcome.
- There is no smoking, no pets, and of course- no smoking pets!
- Contact: For any questions or concerns, please contact Jesica Rodriguez at 707-544-7284 #107 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org