Do you love spending time outside? Are you interested in learning how to care for the land and local community gardens? Do you dream of having a positive impact on your community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, apply to be a Young Steward with LandPaths!
Who: Sonoma County teens and young adults between the ages of 16 – 20 can apply!
What: Young Stewards have the opportunity to learn about land conservation, community gardens, environmental education, caring for the land, as well as the plants and animals that call Sonoma County home!
When: January 21, 2023 – May 20, 2023, Saturdays; 9am to 3pm
Meeting Location: Bayer Farm, 1550 West Ave., Santa Rosa
Paid Positions: LandPaths is excited to be able to offer six paid positions to youth that face financial barriers and come from historically marginalized and underrepresented communities. These paid positions are generously funded by local and state organizations dedicated to increasing equitable access to work in the outdoor science and land stewardship fields. Pay rate is $17.25 an hour.
Volunteer Positions: We also have six unpaid, volunteer positions open, which are eligible for community service hours and look great on college applications and resumes!
- Get to know the plants and animals of Sonoma County.
- Spend time in beautiful places that are usually closed to the public.
- Learn how to take care of the forest and how to remove invasive plants like French broom that can make wildfires stronger.
- Get to know like-minded people and make new connections with peers and mentors.
- Spend time in our native grasslands and learn why it’s so important to the earth that they are healthy..
- Build and maintain trails to help people get around the land easily and safely.
- Learn about the fascinating world of mapping using GPS.
- Get the inside scoop on how to lead volunteer crews to help take care of the land, which builds leadership skills.
- Get school credits (depending on your school)
- Become eligible to apply for paid positions with LandPaths’ nature camps.
- Earn community service hours (applies only to volunteer positions – not paid positions.)
- Build up your resume for college or job applications.
Apply Today! Click the button below to fill out the application. Applications are due by Monday, December 12, 2022.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Need More Information?
For any questions at all or to request a paper copy of the application, please email Jessica Holloway at email@example.com or call (707) 544-7284, ext. 104. For español, contact Laura Revilla at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 544-7284, ext. 107, se habla español.