Join LandPaths as we celebrate Mother's Day at Bohemia Ecological Preserve. On this beautiful Sunday in May, we will spend time with our mother earth appreciating the land and each other as we go. This meditative journey will take us across grassy hillsides, under canopies of redwood, oak, and cypress, and up to "the top of the world." Cascading across the hills of Western Sonoma County, this 1000 acre preserve is home to many endemic species of animals and plants, some of which can only be found in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
Registration in advance is required. Bohemia Ecological Preserve is only open to the public during special guided outings with LandPaths.
Directions: Driving directions, parking details, and exact location of Bohemia Ecological Preserve will be sent 2 to 3 days before the event by the outings field specialist. Parking is limited. You must be registered for the outing to attend. No drop-ins, please! Space is limited to those who register in advance.
- This will be a roughly 3 mile hike with an elevation gain and loss of about 500 feet.
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
- There are two poro-potties on site. This is a rustic property. Please plan accordingly.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon registration.
- 2 - 3 days before the outing you will receive an email from the lead facilitator with the exact location, driving directions, and parking information
- Please note that there are no dogs or smoking allowed at Bohemia Ecological Preserve.
What to bring with you:
- Consider wearing long pants and comfortable shoes that can get dirty.
- Snacks for the hike and a light lunch, if you'd like.
- Water to drink in your own water bottle as there is no potable (drinkable) water available at the site.
- Baby carriers are recommended instead of strollers.
Weather-Related Cancellation: In the event of smoke, high heat, bad air quality, or heavy rain, please call (707) 544-7284 on the morning of the outing to see whether the outing has been cancelled. If you don't hear a notice of cancellation on the outgoing voice message, the outing will be going forward as planned.
For any questions please reach out to Omar Gallardo at Omar@landpaths.org and he'll get back to you as soon as he can!