Join LandPaths and the City of Petaluma for a midweek hike through Lafferty Ranch! Led by Lafferty docent Eberle Ewing, we'll see what's blooming at Lafferty Ranch Open Space, the only publicly owned property on the Petaluma side of Sonoma Mountain. This 270 acre property overlooks the Petaluma Valley and features views of Mt. Tamalpais, Mt. Diablo, San Francisco, and the Pacific Ocean. The hiking terrain ranges from broad, gentle meadows to steep challenging hillsides. You'll enjoy panoramic vistas, groves of venerable oak and bay trees, and a babbling, perennial stream.
Registration in advance is required. Lafferty Ranch is only open to the public during special guided outings with LandPaths and the City of Petaluma.
Location: Address will be sent out before the outing, after you've registered and a couple of days before the event.
Please note, after registration and before the event, you will receive directions & driving instructions from our team
Parking is limited and so we ask that you register in advance.
- Space is limited so register as soon as you can.
- This hike will be lead by Lafferty Docent, Eberle Ewing
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
- There are no restrooms at the property, so please plan accordingly!
- After registering, you will receive more details via email from our event leaders
- Please note that there are no dogs or smoking allowed at Lafferty Ranch.
What to bring with you:
- We recommend wearing LONG pants (against ticks) and comfortable shoes that can get dirty.
- Your own snacks or simple lunch, if you'd like
- (Optional) a blanket to sit on.
- There is no potable (drinkable) water on site please, bring your own.
- Baby carriers are recommended rather than strollers
Weather-Related Cancellation: In the event of smoke, high heat, bad air quality, or heavy rain, please call (707) 544-7284 on the morning of the outing to see whether the outing has been cancelled. If you don't hear a notice of cancellation on the outgoing voice message, the outing will be going forward as planned.
For any questions please reach out to Omar Gallardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.