We'll explore the change of the seasons at Lafferty Ranch Open Space, the only publicly owned property on the Petaluma side of Sonoma Mountain. This 270 acre property overlooks the Petaluma Valley and features views of Mt. Tamalpais, Mt. Diablo, San Francisco, and the Pacific Ocean. The hiking terrain ranges from broad, gentle meadows to steep challenging hillsides. You'll enjoy panoramic vistas, groves of venerable oak and bay trees, and a babbling, perennial stream.
Registration in advance is required. Lafferty Ranch is only open to the public during special guided outings with LandPaths and the City of Petaluma.
Directions: Driving directions, parking details, and exact location of Lafferty Ranch will be sent 2 to 3 days before the event by the outings field specialist. Parking at Lafferty is extremely limited. You must be registered for the outing to attend. No drop-ins, please! Space is limited to those who register in advance.
- Space is limited so register as soon as you can.
- This hike will be lead by Lafferty Docent, Larry Modell
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
- No restrooms available. This is a rustic property. Please plan accordingly.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon registration.
- 2 - 3 days before the outing you will receive an email from the lead facilitator with the exact location, driving directions, and parking information
- Please note that there are no dogs or smoking allowed at Lafferty Ranch.
What to bring with you:
- Snacks for the hike and a light lunch, if you'd like.
- We recommend wearing LONG pants (against ticks) and comfortable shoes that can get dirty.
- Your own snacks or simple lunch, if you'd like
- (Optional) a blanket to sit on.
- Water to drink in your own water bottle as there is no potable (drinkable) water available at the site.
- Baby carriers are recommended instead of strollers.
Weather-Related Cancellation: In the event of smoke, high heat, bad air quality, or heavy rain, please call (707) 544-7284 on the morning of the outing to see whether the outing has been cancelled. If you don't hear a notice of cancellation on the outgoing voice message, the outing will be going forward as planned.
For any questions please reach out to Roxy at email@example.com and she'll get back to you as soon as she can!