Tuesday, September 5th, 2023
Hiking moderate slopes.
Removing vegetation from densely forested areas to reduce wildfire risk.
Remove brush encroaching on our grasslands to improve overall ecological health.
Gathering for a community stewardship potluck (so please bring your favorite dish to share!)
Watching sunset and the starry night sky.
How to get there: The entrance to Bohemia Ecological Preserve is off Bohemian Highway, approximately 3 miles north of Occidental. From the intersection of Graton Road and Bohemian Highway, drive north on Bohemian Highway for approximately 3 miles. Look for the LandPaths' sign marking the entrance. The address is 6773 Bohemian Highway, Occidental, CA 95465
What is LandPaths' Covid-19 volunteer workday policy? Please read the most recent version of LandPaths' Covid-19 policy before attending the workday.
Does rain mean the workday is canceled? The stewardship workday will move forward if there is a light drizzle, but a torrential rainstorm will cancel. Please call 707-544-7284 (then press 1) after 7am the morning of the stewardship day if the weather feels questionable. If you don't hear a notice of cancellation on the outgoing voice message, the stewardship day is moving forward.
What should you bring?
- Your favorite potluck dish to share!
- Your own plate and utensils
- A water bottle filled with water
- A backpack for your gear
- Sturdy boots or shoes that can get muddy
- Long pants are recommended
- Work gloves
- Hat and sunscreen
What else do you need to know?
- No experience necessary! Everyone is welcome! We will create tasks according to your abilities
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver
- There are restrooms and potable water
- No pets or smoking
- The event will end when it is dark out, so please keep in mind that the road back into town is windy.